Fundamental Movement Skills are very important to a child’s physical development. When confident and competent in these skills, children can develop sport-specific and complex movement skills. These skills allow children to enjoy sports and physical activities. Most importantly, with a firm grasp of the Fundamental Movement Skills a child may enjoy a long life of physical activity.
This 4.5-hour workshop will provide a comprehensive introduction to the Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) and the core-competencies of the NCCP, with the help of significant hands-on activities.
Through this interactive workshop, participants gain the ability to:
- Detect and correct basic errors for fundamental movement skills in participants so they have a choice to adopt a healthy, active lifestyle;
- Apply a teaching process to promote the development of fundamental movement skills;
- Adapt fundamental movement skills for participants with intellectual, physical, sensory, or behavioural disabilities;
- Lead activities that will promote the development of fundamental movement skills in a safe, responsible manner while interacting with others; and
- Provide stage-appropriate feedback to encourage and develop fundamental movement skills in participants
Fee: $55 each
Booking Code: 17751
To register, please visit https://rec.kelowna.ca/registration
For more information or questions: call 250-469-8864.