POSITION TITLE: Sport Performance Coordinator
Accepting Applications: Until end of day, May 25, 2018
Position Start Date: June 2018
As a core and integral member of the PacificSport Okanagan team, the Sport Performance Coordinator will champion the mission, vision and values of core programs with a goal of increasing sport performance opportunities throughout the Okanagan. The Sport Performance Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will provide the core PacificSport programs and services to registered athletes and coaches within the region.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the menu of PacificSport Okanagan programs and services for registered athletes and coaches.
- Plan, promote and deliver a series of educational sport seminars, courses, clinics, conferences and camps locally.
- Coordinate the regional delivery of the Okanagan Athlete Advance, CSI Pacific Podium Search, NCCP Competition Development courses
- Partner in the implementation and evaluation of the Canadian Sport School (CSS) programs and services with CSS teacher.
- Assist partner sports with the hands-on delivery of special programs, events and camps as needed and provide educational opportunities for regional coaches and administrative teams.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and networking systems (e.g. – newsletters, monthly meetings, coach & athlete database) with the local and regional sport community.
- Assist with the gathering of program information and statistics; and with the completion all PacificSport reports.
- Support day-to-day operations of PacificSport Okanagan Performance programs (Canadian Sport School, IGNITE, TNT etc.) and monitor the delivery of services to maintain or improve quality.
- Supervise the execution special projects related to PacificSport Okanagan Performance programs.
- Represent the PacificSport Okanagan in the community and maintain a strong relationship with existing key partners.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to foster a team atmosphere among staff, participants and volunteers
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, set priorities, organize work, and make independent decisions
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport for Life model
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer applications related to work.
- Ability to interact effectively with the general public, volunteers, sport groups and organizations.
- Ability to prepare and present plans, reports and submissions, both written and verbal
Education, Experience and Certification
- Undergraduate or college degree or diploma in Sport Management, Recreation, Kinesiology or related field (**or equivalency based on experiential learning).
- Experience in the planning, organization and promotion of sport and recreation programs and events
- NCCP training/certification is an asset
- Criminal record check required
- Valid Class 4 (unrestricted) driver’s license and vehicle required
- Must be able to work in a highly dynamic and flexible client service environment
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends)
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $45,000+ per annum (position includes cell phone, travel expenses, professional development and optional benefits package)
This posting will accept applications (please include cover letter and curriculum vitae) until end of day, Friday, May 25, 2018.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted – we appreciate all interest in our team positing. Interviews will be conducted the week of May 28 – June 1. The position will begin training and work duties in June 2018.
Please send application package to the Executive Director, Shaunna Taylor.