JOB TITLE: Sport Program Leader – South Okanagan
PacificSport Okanagan is a registered non-profit society responsible for coordinating and delivering programs and services to athletes, coaches and community sport organizations throughout the Okanagan region. The multi-sport training support centre currently services a variety of sports and is connected to a network of five regional centres and three national campuses across the province. Cooperative relationships have been established with Municipalities throughout the region to assist with the coordination and delivery of sport development programs and events in their respective sport communities.
- Candidates should note that his position may complement the City of Penticton Recreation Department for additional hours (see Conditions of Employment).
Based in Penticton, the “Sport Program Leader – South Okanagan” will be responsible for the development & implementation of the following initiatives:
- Physical Literacy Programs – Plan and deliver programs designed to increase sport participation, support transition for continued participation and encourage age appropriate athletic development. Duties include: coordinating multi-sport development opportunities (ie. XploreSportZ programs); working with identified sport organizations to implement physical literacy programs; developing the annual plan for Sport Education Workshops; delivering the SportFit program; assisting with the delivery of high performance services and programs to carded coaches & athletes.
- Regional Sport Development – Develop and execute a plan for engagement with communities within the South Okanagan. Duties include: creating tactics to increase and support community/local sport councils; promoting and educating communities and sport organizations about Canadian Sport for Life; working with community sport clubs, leagues and Provincial Sport Organizations to provide sport development leadership and support; working with Provincial Multi-Sport Organizations to promote and support a variety of initiatives to increase sport participation.
- Sport Networking/Marketing – Create opportunities for success through increased collaboration between PacificSport and local sport organizations. Duties include: developing a database of sport contacts; marketing and profiling PacificSport to the South Okanagan; identifying and communicating with the ‘right’ people in the sport community; developing relationships/partnerships that would support sport development and organizational growth.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- The contract term will extend for 11 months (48 weeks) commencing (May 1, 2017).
- The rate of pay will be $17.00 per hour.
- All work-related travel or expenses will be reimbursed.
- This position may complement additional hours through the City of Penticton Recreation Department.
- An aligned schedule will be designed around this municipal and regional centre partnership.
- Hours of employment will be 20 hours per week (plus additional hours through the City of Penticton Recreation Department).
- Extra hours may be required and the work week will be adjusted to accommodate these hours and minimize accumulated overtime.
- Approved overtime will be taken as time-off.
- The Sport Program Leader will be supervised by the PacificSport Okanagan Executive Director. Ongoing feedback and support will be provided and regular staff meetings will be held to provide a formal opportunity for feedback and debriefing.
- On a day-to-day basis, the Sport Program Leader will work closely with the PacificSport Okanagan Sport Development Lead and the designated Penticton Recreation Coordinator Lead to plan and deliver all programs.
- A performance evaluation will take place upon completion of the contract term with the possibility of contract renewal.
Competition Closes: Sunday, April 16, 2017.
Please submit covering letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates considered for interviews will be contacted – we thank all applicants in advance for their interest.