Okanagan Sport Leadership Conference
Quality sport experiences lay the foundation for building physically, mentally and emotionally healthy individuals who are active for life. Quality sport enriches the lives of everyone involved, provided that their experiences are positive and they reinforce an environment of respect and safety.
Date: October 13, 2018 9AM - 3PM
Location: Parkinson Activity Centre, 1700 Parkinson Way, Kelowna, BC V1Y 4P9
$75.00 per person (After SEP 15, 2018)
- Includes lunch
- Sessions eligible for 5.0 BCRPA, 5.0 CSEP, and 3.0 NCCP Professional Development Credits
To register, call 250-469-8800 or click here to register online.
For more information call our Sport Events and Grants Coordinator.
Trade Show Exhibitor Information:
In addition, the Okanagan Sport Leadership Conference will provide an opportunity for sport organizations, sports practitioners, and businesses to connect with the community.
Interested in hosting a booth? Click on the link below to fill out the exhibitor application form and submit by October 1, 2019:
Trade Show Exhibitor Registration Fee of $60.00 is due by October 1, 2018 and is payable by credit card. Call the Sport Kelowna Centre at 250-469-8850 or email Laura Day to schedule a time to make payment in person or over the phone.
The theme for this year's Conference is Safe & Inclusive Sport Community Today for a Healthier Tomorrow -- the Okanagan Sport Leadership Conference (OSLC) is designed to provide sport education opportunities and hands-on training experiences. More specifically, the Conference is targeted to:
- Coaches and Officials at all levels who are seeking innovative training and motivation techniques and want to help their athletes meet their sporting goals;
- Sport Administrators who are looking for new approaches and strategies for club development and want more for their sport organization;
- Sport Practitioners (including CFES, BCRPA and CSEP Members) who are searching for “cutting-edge” professional development opportunities and community resource tools.
- Sport Parents at all levels who are striving to do what is best for you and your child – learning about LTAD, and understanding how Physical Literacy prepares athletes for excellence in sport, while increasing the likelihood of staying active for life.
Keynote Speaker: Jennifer Heil
We are excited to announce that Jennifer Heil, V.P., Sport Development, viaSport will bring the keynote session at the 2018 OSLC.