Canadian Sport Institute Pacific (CSI Pacific), in partnership with the national network of Canadian Sport Centre and the British Columbia network of PacificSport Centres, delivers sport performance programs and services to provide athletes and coaches living in BC with every advantage to win medals for Canada.
Through community partnerships with local businesses and municipalities, Registered Athletes receive access to a variety of programs and services. For more information see the following links or contact our Sport Performance Program Coordinator.
Wondering if you are Eligible to Register with PacificSport?
See the below four registration levels consistent with the athlete performance pathway in BC
Before receiving your initial Athlete card, or renewing your existing Athlete card, you must submit contact the Sport Performance Program Coordinator.
Programs & Services
The programs and services provided to Registered Athletes are aimed at covering many aspects of life both inside and outside sport, attempting to ensure holistic development.
PacificSport Okanagan Registered Athlete Programs and Services are categorized into three streams:
Training Services are designed to meet the needs of high-performance athletes in training these services include:
- GymWorks - Free Access to our Strength Training Network
- SportHealth - Discounted Medical Treatment, Rehabilitation, and Monitoring
Support Services are designed to help athletes get the most value for their money so that an athletes limited resources can be invested directly into high-performance training. These services include:
- TranSport - Athlete Travel and Transportation Support
- FoodStuff - Special Savings on Food Expenses
- MoreStuff - Discounted Sports Equipment
Life Services are designed to provide athletes with the tools they need for success on the podium today and in their careers as community leaders tomorrow these services include:
- Sport Education - Professional and Personal Development Workshops
- Career Track - Education and Career Planning
- SportGrad - Athlete Education Support
For more information on any of our Registered Athlete services please contact our Sport Performance Program Coordinator.
Grants & Resources
PacificSport Okanagan Athlete Travel Grant
PacificSport Okanagan recognizes the need for financial aid to support the competition needs of high performance athletes from the Okanagan. In response to that need, the Athlete Travel Grant has been established to assist individual competitors or teams with the travel-related expenses associated with participating in high-level sporting events. For eligibility criteria and application details please refer to the Athlete Travel Grant application form.
April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019 Grant Funding Cycle:
- ► Spring / Summer 2018 Application Form - Application for event dates that fall between April 1, 2018 - September 30, 2018 - Closed
- ► Report Form - Deadline to submit: October 30, 2018 - Closed
- ► Fall 2018 / Winter 2019 Application Form - Application for event dates that fall between October 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019 - Closed
- ► Report Form - Fall 2018 / Winter 2019 - NOW OPEN! Deadline to submit: April 30, 2019.
April 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020 Grant Funding Cycle:
- ► Spring / Summer 2019 Application Form - NOW OPEN! Application for event dates that fall between April 1, 2019 - September 30, 2019.
- ► Report Form - Spring / Summer 2019 - NOW OPEN! Deadline to submit: October 30, 2019.
- Fall 2019 / Winter 2020 Application Form - Application for event dates that fall between October 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020 - Open Soon
- Report Form - Fall 2019 / Winter 2020 - Deadline to submit: April 30, 2020 - Open Soon
City of Kelowna Athletic Excellence Grant
The Athletic Excellence Grant has been established to assist high performance athletes or teams with the travel-related expenses associated with participating in high-level sporting events such as provincial or national championships. For eligibility criteria and application details, please refer to the Athletic Excellence Grant application form.
BC Ferries Sport Experience Program
Together BC Ferries and viaSport BC offer a financial assistance program that aims to offset the cost of athletes traveling to and from competitions by ferry. To be eligible for the program, applicants must be competing in a sport that is a member organization of Sport BC. For eligibility criteria and application details, please visit their website.
CAN Fund is a financial assistance program available to active national team athletes training to represent Canada internationally. It provides direct funding to athletes, creating the opportunity to focus on success instead of on unnecessary financial hurdles, such as training, coaching, and nutrition fees. To learn more about CAN Fund, please visit their website.
Team Investors Group Amateur Athletes Fund
Athletes CAN, in partnership with the Investors Group, award twenty Canadian amateur athletes with the Team Investors Group Amateur Athletes Fund each year. The $5,000 bursary is available to senior national team athletes based on selection criteria including athletic achievement, financial need and community involvement. To learn more about this bursary, please visit their website.
For more information contact our Sport Performance Program Coordinator.