iRide Bike Camp p/b City of Kelowna
Spend your summer break mastering new bike skills with Cycling BC’s iRide instructors.
In partnership with the City of Kelowna, this 5-day camp is designed to help riders build the skills and confidence to tackle beginner mountain bike trails. Each day will include a skill, a game, and a bike ride in the area.
Rental equipment is available upon n request. Bicycle storage is provided by Cycling BC. Open to ages 9-12, Skill Level 3-4.
All sessions are covered by Cycling BC’s insurance policy with Gallagher.
Participants receive a custom athletic t-shirt, our iRide sticker kit and a completion certificate. Learn more about this new exciting perk @ cyclingbc.net/irideswag.
How do I register my child?
- STEP 1 – REGISTER @ City of Kelowna website (Opens May 1) ($330)
- STEP 2 – Sign acknowledgment of risk form & purchase iRide Mini-Membership ($17.50)
Participants should be comfortable with the following (Level 3-4):
- stop & start quickly,
- use their gears,
- tap their head while riding,
- look behind while riding straight,
- roll off the sidewalk curb smoothly,
- ability to exercise for 60 minutes.
Please carefully read Cycling BC Skill Levels before registering. This camp is for levels 3 and 4.
To prepare, please bring the following:
- Water, Lunch and snacks,
- Gloves, All-weather clothing
- Helmets (CSA approved)
- Mountain bike with gears and hand brakes
- Overnight bike storage is provided @ Cycling BC’s office (security)
- Rental bikes are available for riders 4’0 – 5’5″ tall
- Conduct a bike safety check (try one of iRide’s registered bike shops)