Canadian Sport Institute Pacific and PacificSport recognize that every athlete deserves the support of a qualified coach. We work closely with national and provincial sport partners to ensure that coach eligibility and the related criteria are clear.
PacificSport Okanagan registers performance coaches who have met the criteria stated below:
NOTE: Coaches must be the technical coaches in the sport and reside in the region of the PacificSport Centre.
- Be the designated "Regional Coach" by your Provincial/National Sport Organization and actively coaching a current PacificSport Nominated Targeted Athlete, AND must have NCCP accreditation in the old Levels 3 (minimum 3-4) or new NCCP Competition-Development context Trained (or equivalent).
- Be a currently enrolled ACD (Advanced Coaching Diploma) coach or an ACD (NCI-BC) alumni who remain actively coaching or involved in mentoring/training other coaches.
- Be a designated coach and receive funding as a Provincial or Regional coach.
If you have received a letter stating that you are eligible, please contact Sport Performance Program Coordinator to set up an intake meeting. This appointment will take approximately 20 minutes. Once you are registered, you will receive your PacificSport Okanagan card.
*The eligibility cycle is for one full year, after which time you must re-qualify according to your sport criteria.
For more information, please contact our Sport Performance Program Coordinator.
Registered Coach Benefits
Registered coaches may access the following benefits within their designated Region:
- FREE access to Sport Education Workshops & Webinars
- Access to the FoodStuff & other Community Partner benefits & services
- Access to PacificSport Okanagan Sport Education Grants
- Field Testing Kits
- Performance Points and Podiumcast
- Targeted professional development and NCCP education opportunities
- Fee for Service access to Sport Science and Medical experts through the SportMed Directory of Practitioners
PacificSport Okanagan Coach Education Grants
PacificSport Okanagan recognizes the need for financial aid to support the education needs of high-performance coaches in the Okanagan. In response to that need, the Coach Education Grant has been established to assist registered coaches with sport education-related expenses associated with upgrading their training and/or certification beyond introductory levels. For eligibility criteria and application details, please refer to the Coach Education Grant Application Form.
April 1, 2021 - March 31, 2022 Grant Funding Cycle:
- ► Spring / Summer 2021 Application Form - Application for event dates that fall between April 1, 2021 - September 30, 2021 - Closed
- ► Report Form - Spring / Summer 2021 - Deadline to submit: October 30, 2021 - Closed
- ► Fall 2021 / Winter 2022 Application Form - Application for event dates that fall between October 1, 2021 - March 31, 2022 - Closed
- ► Report Form - Fall 2021 / Winter 2022 - Deadline to submit: April 30, 2022 - Closed
April 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023 Grant Funding Cycle:
- ► Spring / Summer 2022 Application Form - Application for event dates that fall between April 1, 2022 - September 30, 2022 - NOW OPEN
- ► Report Form - Deadline to submit: October 31, 2022 - NOW OPEN
- ► Fall 2022 / Winter 2023 Application Form - Application for event dates that fall between October 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023 - Closed
- ► Report Form - Fall 2022 / Winter 2023 - Deadline to submit: April 30, 2023 - Closed